Thursday, November 11, 2010

She's Finally Here!! April 7th, 2010!

Friday morning April 2nd 2010
I was having the worst labor pains, so we went to the hospital. 2cm dilated, not enough to be admitted, so we walked around the hospital for two hours, but it seemed like eternity!! When we returned I was 2 1/2 cm dilated, still can't be admitted, so home sweet home we went.

Sunday night April 4th 2010
Major back labor pains, waayyy worse then before, waited a few hours at home before going. Measuring 3 cm dilated... still can't be admitted!! Wonderful, I just love having these stabbing pains in my back at all hours of the night, just hoping they would go away.

Tuesday Night into Wednesday morning April 6th and 7th 2010
Ok, this time the pain was 100 times worse, Brad being the wonderful husband he is said, "Lets wait a few hours so we don't go and end up getting sent back home." easy for him to say and back to bed he went, while I was in PAIN!! Finally I woke him up sometime around 4:45 am and said we need to go to the hospital NOW!!
(I forgot to mention, I wanted to have a natural birth because I'm not a fan of needles and I already had to get a an epidural when my cervix was stitched and I'm one of those people who if there's side affects, I get them. And sure enough when I had the epidural for my stitch I itched like crazy and it was just the most uncomfortable feeling ever!! So because of that I wanted to go natural.)
When we got to the hospital they checked me and I was at 4cm dilated... whoop whoop I've been waiting for this day for 9 months! I was admitted and put in my own little room in the High Risk part of Labor and Delivery. About 1 hour after being there, they broke my water... It was at that moment in time that I couldn't go natural.. I was feeling really nauseous and yep you guessed it, threw up and not just a little bit, it just kept coming out... luckily is was just liquid. I was in pain and all I wanted was an epidural.
The doctor didn't get the epidural right the first time and had to do it over. Once I got it, it was like heaven!! No more pain. So about 3 hours later I told the nurse one side of my body was a lot more numb, so she had me turn to my other side. Little did I know that when I was checked again one side of me was fully dilated and the other wasn't, So I turned again and when the doctor came in to check me I was ready to start pushing. I was so overwhelmed with excitement, but scared and nervous at the same time. Little did I know after pushing for about 20 min or so that I would be meeting the most beautiful little baby ever.
Avery Coredila Collins was born on April 7th 2010 at 7:24 pm. Weighing in at 6lbs 12 oz and 20 inches long. My life couldn't get much better then this! She's the perfect mixture of mommy and daddy! She reminds me a lot of her older sister Kiarra! I'm so very thankful to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with this perfect child! She brings soo much happiness into mine and Brad's life! We love her and can never get enough of her! My long 17 hours of labor was worth it, those past 9 months were worth it!


Aiono Fam said...

It's about time that you post about AVERY! haha That was one of the most amazing things I've ever witnessed, Thanks for letting me be apart of the delivery! (Although there is no proof that I was even there!) She is beautiful and I love her soo much! Although who doesn't? cause... (picture Charity shaking and movin' singing) "Everybody loves Avery"

We.Are.The.Riggins said...

Thanks for sharing Ashley!!! Avery is such a beautiful blessing. I love you and her very much!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...